Accutane is prescribed for patients with severe form of acne or neglected inflammation. The drug actively affects the problem and helps even if other drugs are powerless. How does this drug available in pharmacies work against acne and how effective is it really?
The main active ingredient of the drug is Isotretinoin, which is related to retinoids. The drug allows you to reduce the stratum corneum of the epidermis and has an anti-inflammatory effect. This allows you to touch even the most profound problems and fight pimples much more effectively.
In addition, the medicine for acne reduces the activity of the sebaceous glands and reduces their size, which definitely minimizes the possibility of developing bacteria and inflammatory processes inside the skin. Due to thinning of the stratum corneum and reduced production of sebum, a favorable environment for life and development of bacteria becomes more negative, which affects the amount of acne.
You should use the drug, like any other powerful remedy for skin problems only after talking with a doctor who will assess the possibility of using the drug and the risks associated with its use. But, if you came to a positive decision, received a prescription for a medicine and are ready to start a course, you need to know the following:
- before the appointment of a drug, special tests, and examinations are required
- after the appointment – use only according to the instructions and recommendations of the specialist who prescribed treatment
- be sure to adhere to the regimen and dosages during the course of treatment
- do not stop taking the medication yourself, replace it with other medications or mix it up.
If side effects occur, you should immediately contact your doctor.
- analyzes, before prescribing medications, are necessary for the correct diagnosis, so that you treat the actual cause of the acne, not the assumptions
- application according to the instructions and prescriptions of the doctor will ensure high-quality treatment and effective drug exposure to the problem
- the regime of taking tablets is necessary for the timely delivery of a certain dose of active components in the body struggling with the problem, and the dosage and its compliance – for effective control and not to over saturate the body with substances contained in the drug. It can be very harmful
- self-termination for some reason can only mean that the previous 5-7 days, you just poisoned the body with chemicals, but did not get any effect, and mixing any medicine with others can cause serious side effects, allergy, poisoning (so you can do this only by permission and doctor’s recommendations)
- if you feel discomfort or serious side effects, you should definitely consult a doctor, maybe a large dose of the drug or an incorrect regimen was prescribed. It is quite real that the individual intolerance of the components manifested itself.